Dr. Allen offers comprehensive ophthalmology services, with specialized expertise in cataract evaluation, glaucoma and diabetic eye disease. She has extensive experience in all aspects of eye care. She has the unique distinction of being the first female surgeon and ophthalmologist in Wilmington.
Dr. Allen is a Phi Beta Kappa graduate of Southern Methodist University and the University of Texas at San Antonio School of Medicine. Dr. Allen completed her ophthalmology residency at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill.
She is a Board Certified Diplomate of the American Board of Ophthalmology, a Fellow of the American Academy of Ophthalmology and the American College of Surgeons. Dr. Allen maintains memberships in several professional societies, including:
- American Medical Association
- American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery
- North Carolina Society of Eye Physicians and Surgeons
- Society of Women in Ophthalmology
- North Carolina Medical Society
- New Hanover-Pender County Medical Society