Alan E. Oester, Jr. MD FACS
Dr. Oester specializes in plastic and reconstructive surgery of the face, eyelids, ocular orbits and lacrimal systems and cosmetic procedures. He performs brow lifts, lid lifts, cosmetic fillers, CO2 laser skin resurfacing and many other procedures.
Dr. Oester grew up in Augusta, GA and was excited to return to the south after practicing for three years in Illinois. He has extensive experience in both the operating room and the clinic and has a level of enthusiasm that benefits both our patients and our community.
- Fellowship in Ophthalmic Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery at the University of Tennessee Health Science Center and Vanderbilt University Medical Center
- Residency in Ophthalmology at the Medical College of Georgia
- Doctor of Medicine at the Medical College of Georgia
- Bachelor of Science at Georgia Institute of Technology
- Board certified member of the American Academy of Ophthalmology
- Fellow of the American Society of Ophthalmic Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery and the American College of Surgeons.
Dr. Oester knew from a young age he wanted to become a physician, recording in a third grade school diary that he would grow up to be a doctor. Dr. Oester eventually chose oculoplastics because he loves working with his hands and wanted to focus on surgery- both functional and cosmetic. Dr. Oester believes in developing a trust relationship with his patients and finds reward in giving to his patients.
He and his wife Jessica, son Oliver and daughter Ada enjoy the beach and call Disney their favorite vacation spot. Dr. Oester is an outdoor enthusiast and sportsman.
Upper and Lower Lid Blepharoplasty
Removal of excess skin and herniated fat pads to improve vision and aesthetics of the eyelids
Re-positioning of the eye brows to improve vision and reduce the tired appearance of drooping
Reversal of aging effects on the face to restore a more youthful and refreshed look
Dr. Oester talks with WECT about Oculoplastics.